2+2, Air Suspension,Non-AC (44 seats), Push Back Seater
About ManipalBook online bus tickets to Manipal By Durgamba Motors
Manipal Durgamba Motors is a university town situated in the state of Karnataka in India. It is a suburb within Udupi city and is administered by Udupi City Municipality. It is located in the rocky hinterland of the Malabar Coast of south west India, about 8 km (5 mi) from the Arabian Sea. From its location on a plateau, it commands a view of the Arabian Sea to the west and the Western Ghats range to the east.
Manipal Durgamba Motors is often discribed as the Harvard of India,a University City home to Manipal University (formerly known as, MAHE) comprising of esteemed educational institutions Manipal University Building,Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (KMC, Manipal),Manipal Institute of Technology (ManipalTech), including the MIM Manipal Institute of Management, the T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI),Manipal Life Sciences Center (MLSC), the Manipal campus of Melaka Manipal Medical College (also known as International Centre for Health Sciences or ICHS), the Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MCOPS) and the Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA). The spectrum of educational institutions covers everything from elementary schools to professional and graduate level colleges.
It is situated a few kilometres from the temple city of Udupi, and is 60 km (37 mi) north of Mangalore. Parkala is one of its residential areas. Manipal Durgamba Motors was previously under Shivalli village panchayat. The name is derived from manipalla angliced to Manipal.Palla means stream in Tulu Language. It is a center of academic learning, healthcare, industry and finance.
The town gained prominence in the 1950s, when T.M.A. Pai, doctor, banker, educator, industrialist and philanthropist transformed a barren hillock into what is today a renowned university town. Pai first established the Kasturba Medical College in 1953, and Manipal Institute of Technology in 1957. In the year 1999 the Posts and Telegraph department of the Government of India released a commemorative stamp in honour of Pai. Manipal Institute of Communication is a constituent college of Manipal University. It is one of the premier journalism and communication colleges in India.
Manipal Durgamba Motors Universal Learning has always believed in the philosophy that education knows no barriers not even that of geography. Being a Learning Resource Development Centre for Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences and Manipal University, Manipal Universal Learning has been offering student support services for Distance Education programs and also Short term courses on Information Technology.
Thus manipal is mainly ment for education and science.
About ShimogaBook online bus tickets to Shimoga By Durgamba Motors.
Durgamba Motors takes you to the Shivamogga is a city located in Shivamogga district in the central part of the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the banks of the Tunga River and is the administrative headquarters of the district.
Nearby attractions in Shimoga.
1) Agumbe 90 km south-west, is unforgettable for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls are a spectacular series of waterfalls, located 105 km away from Shimoga. The Sharavathi River takes a spectacular jump from a height of 292 m in four distinct falls to form the highest waterfalls in India. The best time to visit these falls is soon after the monsoon season during July and August.
3) Kodachadri is a beautiful hill station in the Western Ghats. It is 120 km from Shimoga.
4) Gajanur lies 15 km to the southwest. The dam built across the Tunga River here is ideal for picnics.
5) Koodli lies 15 km and is the place where the Tunga and Bhadra river meet and flow together as Tungabhadra.
6) Lion Safari lies 12 km on the way to Sagara. Forest department will take for safari ride in the vehicle to spot the wild animals.
7) B R P Dam is 28 km from the city on the way to Lakkavalli. This is the dam built on the Bhadra river with a maximum height of 186 feet.
8) Kaveladurga is a trekking spot around 80 km from Shimoga. A fort built on the hill top and the enchanting view of the western ghats can be seen from this place.
9) Mrugavadhe lies in Thirthahalli taluk and is famous for its Mallikarjuna temple and its scenic beauty.
10) Sigandhooru is 108 km from Shimoga in Sagar taluk. This place is famous for Sigandhoor Sridevi temple and to reach this place one has to go in launch (due to backwaters of river Sharavathi) run by the State government.
11) Sringeri is 105 km from Shimoga. This place is famous for the Sharadha temple and Sringeri Mutt.
12) Sakkare Bayalu is a nice elephant camp 2 km away from Gajanur Dam on the way to Thirthahalli.
13) Ikkeri near Sagara town is known for huge rock temple of Aghoreshwara. Keladi is also having rock temple; both of these temples belong to Shivappa Nayaka period. Sagara town is known for wood carving articles particularly of sandal wood, which can be handy for presentation/memonto.
14) The village of Ambuthirtha is about 16 km north-west of Thirthahalli. The Sharavathi River originates here and a Shivalinga is installed at the spot.
15) Kemmannagundi is a popular hill station near Shimoga though it lies in Chickmagalur district.
"Chibbalagude", Thirthahalli, The famous place for Siddivinayaka temple & Fish in Tunga river, (like Shringeri). For all these places, one should find rooms in Shimoga or Sagar only, as other places are almost villages. "Shiva Statue" made of concrete is installed at Harakere, near Shivamogga looks good.
Lion safari is 6 km from Shimoga. Safari drives are conducted in cage vans to get closer glimpse of wild animals.
Many shops at Shivamogga's widely laid boulevards are a Shoppers paradise. The Nehru Avenue [Road], B.H Road, Durgigudi, Balaraj urs Road, Sowlanga Road, Shivappanayaka Market (Now it is demolished and is shifted temporarily to taluk office premises), Gandhi Bazaar are the major commercial centres of Shivamogga. Cloth and other related items like dresses, saaris etc., are available at cheaper rates than other places. Most of those, though not of international recognition are of very good quality.
Supermarkets are opening up too. Birla group's 'More' is the first one.
Local attraction in Shimoga.
A small fort of Shivappa Nayaka and adjoining to it is a Kote Anjaneeya(Lord Hanuman) temple near banks of the river Tunga.
Tourist Attractions in Shimoga.
Make your Tour to Shimoga memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Shimoga –
1)Tyarekoppa Lion Safari
Started in 1988, this lion-tiger safari is an ideal picnic spot, situated 10 km from Shimoga. You can sight a variety of Lions, Tigers, Cheetah, Bear, Deer, and exotic migratory birds here.
2) Sakrebayalu Elephant Camp
Located 14 km from Shimoga, you can catch a glimpse of several elephants playing in the waters, by getting into this camp before 9 am.
3) Keladi The first capital of Keladi Nayakas, it has a large courtyard decked with the Rameshvara temple, Veerbhadreshvara temple, and the Parvati temple.
Places around Shimoga
Explore the land of Shimoga, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Shimoga –
1) Agumbe This spectacular sunset point is also known as the Cheerapunji of South India as it receives the highest rainfall in South India. This picturesque landscape is renowned for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls One of the highest waterfalls in India, Jog Falls is situated 100 km from Shimoga. It is formed by the Sharavathi River, gushing down from a height of 253 meters.
3) Ballegavi Also known as Dakshina Kedara, there are some important temples here like the Kedareshvara temple, Tripurantakeshvara temple, Prabhudeva temple, etc.
4) Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary Situated 32 km from Shimoga, this is a picnic spot set amidst lush green forest where birds migrate from far-off places.
Durgamba Motors takes you to the Shimoga and makes the journey comfortable.