About MangaloreBook online bus tickets to Mangalore By Durgamba Motors
Mangalore Durgamba Motors is the chief port city of the Indian state of Karnataka. Bound by the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghat mountain ranges, Mangalore is the administrative headquarters of the Dakshina Kannada (formerly South Canara) district in south western Karnataka.
Mangalore Durgamba Motors derives its name from the local Hindu deity Mangaladevi. It developed as a port on the Arabian Sea – remaining, to this day, a major port of India. Lying on the backwaters of the Netravati and Gurupura rivers, Mangalore is often used as a staging point for sea traffic along the Malabar Coast. The city has a tropical climate and lies on the path of the Arabian Sea branch of the South-West monsoons. Mangalore's port handles 75% of India's coffee exports and the bulk of the nation's cashew exports.
Mangalore Durgamba Motors was ruled by several major powers, including the Kadambas, Vijayanagar dynasty, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Hoysalas, and the Portuguese. The city was a source of contention between the British and the Mysore rulers, Hyder Ali and Tippu Sultan. Eventually annexed by the British in 1799, Mangalore remained part of the Madras Presidency until India's independence in 1947. The city was unified with the state of Mysore (now called Karnataka) in 1956.
Mangalore Durgamba Motors is demographically diverse with several languages, including Tulu, Konkani, Kannada, and Beary commonly spoken, and is the largest city of Tulu Nadu region. The city's landscape is characterized by rolling hills, coconut palms, freshwater streams, and hard red-clay tiled-roof buildings. In an exercise carried out by the Urban Development Ministry under the national urban sanitation policy, Mangalore was placed 8th cleanest city in the country. In Karnataka it is 2nd after Mysore.
The places can be seen in Mangalore is
Mangaladevi Temple, Carstreet Venkataramana Temple, Kudroli Gokarnanatha, Kadri Manjunatheswara, Urwa Marigudi, Sharavu Ganapathi Temple, Kateel Durgaparameshwari, St. Aloysious Chapel, Milagres Church.
A Mangalore Durgamba Motors city of multiple cultures, Mangalore is a seaside town on the Konkan coast, and a very important port city of the state of Karnataka. The origin of the city's name is from the Goddess Mangaladevi. However, there are many references to this city by names that are slightly different. For instance it was called 'Managalapuram' in 715 AD by a Pandya King, while in the 11th century an Arabian traveler called it 'Manjarur'. Today, its new name is 'Mangalooru', renamed by the Karnataka Government. The city of Mangalore is a scenic city dotted with coconut palms, hills and streams, and is known for its temples and beaches.
The Kudroli Sri Gokarnanatheshwara Temple, 3kms from the city, is an important landmark. You could also visit Kadri Sri Manjunatha Temple, located on the highest foothill, and dating back to 1086 AD. It houses what is said to be India's best bronze statue of the God Lokeshwara. While there, visit the stone caves on top of the hill called the Caves of the Pandavas.
Places around Mangalore is.
Dharmastala, situated 75 km east of Mangalore, has a number of Jain bastis including the famous Manjunatha Temple. There's also a 14-m-high Bahubali statue, which was erected in 1973. There is also a museum visiting which will give the visitor some idea of the place. Situated approximately 50 km northeast of Mangalore city is the Venur town. This small town is famous for its eight Jain bastis and the ruins of the Mahadeva temple. An 11-m-high Bahubali statue dating back to 1604 stands on the southern bank of the Gurupur River. Mudabidri has 18 Jain bastis. Situated 35 km northeast of Mangalore, this place is famous for its 15th-century Chandranatha temple, known colloquially as the 1000-pillar hall. Situated 20 km north of Mudabidri is Karkal, famous for its several important temples and a 13 km high Bahubali statue. The Bahubali statue is said to have been completed in the year 1432. The statue is on a small serene hillock on the outskirts of the town. One can get a good view of the Western Ghats from here.
The Mangalore places can be visited through Durgamba Motors
About KundapurBook online bus tickets to Kundapur By Durgamba Motors
Durgamba Motors takes you to the Kundapura is a city in Udupi district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Kundapura taluk and is about 36 km (22 mi) from Udupi. Kundapura is noted for its 95,000 solar lighting installations by Selco Solar, a Bangalore-based social enterprise.
The name Kundapura can be traced to the Kundeshvara temple built by Kundavarma in the vicinity of the Panchagangavalli river. Kundapura is also described as the 'town of the sun'. The name may be derived from Kunda, meaning jasmine, owing to the abundance of jasmine-trees in the area. According to others, Kunda means 'pillar' in Kannada, and here refers to the traditional method of constructing houses. Kunda has another meaning, indicating a high place. Until the 18th century, nearby Basrur was an important town and Kundapura was built later, particularly during the British period. Kundapura is surrounded by water from three sides. To the north lies the Panchagangavali river. To the east lies the Kalaghar river. To the west lie the Kodi back waters and the Arabian Sea), leaving the south side as the main connecting land mass.
1) Kundeswara temple can be seen within the town. Kundapura is surrounded on three sides by water / back water - and as such one can find good scenes of water and coconut trees all around. The boat point to Gangolli is one such beautiful place, with a vast area of the back waters of Haladi River, which joins the Arabian Sea nearby. From this point, the range of Western Ghats at a distance of 20 km (12 mi), including highest peak Kodachadri, is a beautiful sight. The three-sides- water- town concept of Kundapura is not exploited to develop the tourism industry in this area. There are a good number of lodges in this town which is well connected by highway to Karwar, Goa and Mumbai. It has the potential of becoming an exceptional tourist attraction.
2) Sri Vinayaka (Ganesh) Temple at Anegudde, between Kota, Udupi and Koteshwar towns. The temple is located 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from Kundapura. Among the several temples in Kumbhashi Anegudde, Sri Vinayaka Temple is the oldest, and it is also the most popular in this region. This Ganesh temple is on a small hillock, giving the name Anegudde, "Ane" meaning elephant and "Gudde" meaning a hillock.
3) Mekekattu Nadhikeshwara temple is an historical place. Located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Kundapura, it falls within the limits of Udupi Taluk, but is culturally connected to Kundapura. It is nearer to Barkuru in the Shiriyara village. Legend says it is a creation of sage Parashurama as applicable to all places of Coastal Karnataka. With the passage of time the area where the temple is situated has been called by different names. It attracts several visitors every year, particularly during annual festival, hasara, and sedi. Striking feature of Mekkekattu temple include a large collection of coloured, wooden idols, some of which measure up to 10 feet in height. Most of the wooden statues are in warrior dress, giving an impression that this entire row of wooden statues are made to remember an incidence of war that would have taken place here during 1600-1700 AD (no historic evidence for this war is found yet, but can be linked to Mogul / Bahamani Invasion). Some of the statues are like Muslim soldires, some like maratha soldiers. Some even hold a replica of an old gun or swords, posed as if ready for war. All wooden statues are given local mythological names. Yettinahatti, very near to Mekke kattu, is an interesting place where bulls are worshiped, and may have some historical links with Mekke Kattu. There is one more small place called Karuvina Hatti about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Udupi via Brahmavara – Barkur,Shiriyara
4) Guddattu Vinayaka temple This particular temple, situated in the border area of Kundapur and Udupi taluks, has to been seen to be believed. Guddattu is a place of natural beauty. The History of Guddattu Sri Vinayaka Temple runs back for about 1700 years. The natural rock formation similar to Ganesh Idol is inside a small cave and the natural formation of cave is such that, around thousand Koda of water collects naturally and submerges the Ganesh Idol. It is said that the three foot idol of Lord Vinayaka was emerged by itself, attaching to a big rock. The black and grey stone structure of Lord Ganapathi is in a sitting position. His trunk is towards the right, eyes and legs clearly visible. The pooja of Ayarkoda is performed by devotees with much faith and devotion. The new rock Temple is constructed here, adjacent to a huge granite rock, which looks like a sleeping elephant. This temple is about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Udupi via Brahmavara – Barkur, Shiriyara, about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from Kundapur via Koteshwara – Hunsemakhi -Guddeangady.
5)In Kundapur, Padukone is a coastal village located approximately 17 kilometres (11 mi) north of the taluk center. Part of the village is surrounded by the Souparnika River and one has to cross this river in an old wooden boat from Maraswami. Padukone is a beautiful village surrounded by coconut trees, water, and kudru.
6) Basrur - Many temples are located here on the southern banks of the Varahi River. Historically, Basrur is the main and center place of Kundapura Taluk. This area has many historical structures. Traders from foreign countries used to bring their boats and ships to Basrur, which is a natural harbour, and trade their goods for pepper and good quality rice. During 19th and 20th centuries, this place was famous for a singing and dancing lady community and such ladies devoted their lives to singing, entertainment and mainly attending the fancy and needs of rich gentlemen of the area.
7) Uppinakudru - Uppinakudru, or salt island, is located 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) north of Kundapura which is a taluk headquarters in Udupi District.
8) Hoovinakere - It is the birthplace of the philosopher Vadiraja, who preached Dvaita philosophy after Madhvacharya.
9) In Kundapur, Koteshwara - The Koteshwara temple is an historical and religious centre. Here the lake adjacent to the temple is larger than the main temple. One of the many legends about this lake is that there is an underground tunnel to Vandaru Kambala Gadde which is at a distance of 20 kilometres (12 mi). The Pattabhiramachandra temple, Mariyamma Temple, and the Kodandarama Temple are located in the same place.10) In Kundapur, Hattiangadi has another well-known temple of Lord Ganapathi, and many other ancient temples besides.
11)In Kundapur, Kirimanjeshwara - Located about 22 kilometres (14 mi) from Kundapur, it has the Kirimanjeshwara temple amidst beautiful surroundings. There is another old temple called the Agastyeshwara temple, named after Sage Agastya.
12) In Kundapur, Shankaranarayana - Located about 32 kilometres (20 mi) to the east of Kundapur, it is traditionally called Krodha Kshetra and is one of the seven places of pilgrimage in the region mentioned in the Skanda Purana.
13) Trasi - Located about 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) to the North of Kundapur, Trasi has a beautiful 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) long beach with Turtle Bay and Beach Resort.14) In Kundapur, Maravanthe One of Karnataka's most beautiful beaches. It is about 55 kilometres (34 mi) from Udupi. NH-17 runs right next to the beach and the Suparnika River flows on the other side of the road, creating a spectacular scenery and considered only one of its kind in India. The river Souparnika, which almost touches Arabian Sea here, makes a U turn and goes eastward to join the Sea only after a journey of more than 10 kilometres (6.2 mi), which is a geological wonder.
15) Ottinene - This is a sunset point on the seashore, near Byndoor village on the national highway. The Kshitija Nature Resort, a beach and sunset point, are favorite spots with travelers here. Byndoor is a village near the sea.
Thus the above places can be visited through Durgamba Motors.